Sharebuilder - Review about Shares

14 of 35 Sharebuilder reviews

So today shares of GTAT dropped 90%+ after filing chapter 11.I bought in after the drop.

The shares then went up .25 cents after a few mins and I was up $15,000. I went on my sharebuilder app and tried to sell and a thing popped up that said they did not recognize the ticker. Tried it on the webpage and still couldn't sell. Called them right away and they didn't know why I couldn't sell.

Was going to do a phone trade but it dropped and I was now down 30,000$. Said they would lower the 19.99$ phone trade fee down to 9.99. How nice of them!!! Talked to them 5 more times and they didn't know why it wouldn't work and said later I could sell over the phone only.

Then an hour later I was then able to buy and sell GTAT. The stock was halted at market open for a while, then I bought it, it wouldn't let me sell when I was up, then still wouldn't let me do anything and no one could tell me why. Now down 40,000$ just going to hang on and see what happens.

Sharebuilder sucks.Going to td if I don't loose my life savings because of them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Shares
Review category
Financial Services
review #543134 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sharebuilder? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
14 of 35 Sharebuilder reviews

PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.

Austyn41

Oct 06, 2014 #880834 Ashland, Wisconsin, United States

Note: shares of GTAT hit the circuit breaker which paused trading many times when it starting trading again. I was not able to place a sell order while trading was paused OR when shares were actively trading. Sharebuilder claims it is a good platform for day trading but this is false. It is not my first problem with this platform. Do not use sharebuilder. Take my word for it.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Sharebuilder. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sharebuilder.
Filing a new complaint about
×